Things I Did While Waiting to Board a Flight to Cabo at Lax for 8 1/2 Hours
My flight to Cabo was this morning at 10AM. Then the flight coming in for delayed until 10:30. After we finally boarded, some mechanical issue prevented us from leaving. We all got off and watch our flight time go from 10:30AM to 5:30PM. Here's how I kiledl 8 hours at an airport.
- •Told myself to remain calmMy immediate urge is to yell at customer service until I get answers and/or free stuff. It always works. I'm incredibly persuasive. I decided against it because it was going to be a long day of waiting and I needed the energy in cas the flight ended up being canceled later in the day.
- •Ordered a $12 burger from Marmalade CafeIt actually wasn't bad and it came with fries (skinny, in case you're wondering, which you should be, because steak fries are for psychopaths).
- •Received a $14 food voucher from United.I just spent money on food then went back to check on the flight when they said here's free food money. I almost spit in their faces.
- •Ordered $14 worth of frozen yogurtUpon waking around looking for something edible to spend his voucher on I stumbled across a Yogurtland, which if you're not familiar, is a self serve frozen yogurt shop that charges you by weight. I proceeded to add every topping available until they were flowing over the edges of the cup. Onlookers were disgusted. $14 well spent.
- •Learned and read about the Paris attacksI immediately stopped complaining about how bad my day was. Real tragedy strikes and perspective comes right with it. Life is just fine. I'm just not in a tropical paradise as early as I had liked to be. I'm a first world pussy who needs to quit whining.
- •Bought a book of crosswordsCompleted 15 puzzles. I love crosswords and I used I do them every day back when everyone read paper newspapers. Also, LA Weekly had a great one, but, again, no more paper.
- •Made some more progress on this interesting book I'm reading called 'Reclaiming Conversation.'
- •Finally boarded a new flight.Waited an hour for the new pilot who was fighting traffic from Orange County. I didn't let it get to me. Instead...
- •I wrote this listAnd it was fun.