Things I've Baked
While writing is my passion, baking comes in a close second. In another life, I think I'd like to open up my own bakery/sweet shop 🍰
- •A three-part lemon cakeMade this for my brother's birthday last week. I baked two 8-inch round lemon cakes from scratch, then dressed them in a lemon simple syrup, and finally, made a homemade lemon buttercream. Needless to say, I am the official birthday cake baker in my house 👌🏼
- •Cinnamon chocolate chip coffee cakeComplete with inner layers of cinnamon/sugar mixture, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- •Pound cakeAdd a little almond extract, and it's one hearty cake!
- •Orange ginger cupcakesAn orange cake topped with a light, homemade ginger buttercream and a dash of sugar on top.
- •Hummingbird cakeOne of the hardest cakes I've ever made; this recipe calls for crushed pineapple, diced bananas and a homemade cream cheese frosting. It came out pretty good, according to the critics (aka my family) 😜
- •AnginettesI make this little Italian cookie evey year for Christmas along with two other cookies. Every time I make them, I make a small change to the recipe, yet they always come out consistently good. Making the glaze that goes on top is always my favorite part and has been since I was a kid.
- •Blueberry lemon bundt cakeObviously, I enjoy baking with lemons a lot. I make this cake almost every year at the start of summer when the blueberries first come into season and the lemons are extra zesty.
- •There are so many more! Cakes, cookies, cobblers, cupcakes...I just wish I had pictures of them all! Stay tuned; I will surely be adding to this list!
- •Butter CakeThese little magical squares are the easiest things to make and are super tasty.