REVELATIONS TAKEN FROM READING THE FIRST 109 PAGES OF PATTI SMITH'S M TRAIN
- •People like Patti Smith can get away with ordering olive oil, toast and black coffee at her neighborhood cafe every day.
- •I have a fuck ton more reading to do in my lifetime.
- •I'm probably a really shallow person for really wanting to know how Fred died, but not so shallow to skip ahead or give into Wilkipediaing him.
- •Affirmation that everyone who touches The Wind Up Bird Chronicle wants to crawl within its pages.
- •I can be easily swayed (by someone like Patti Smith) back into watching a show (The Killing) that I had given up on. When my husband asks why I watched four back to back episodes last night, after I had shit talked it - mainly for the unrealistic Pacific Northwest weather, I told him that I'd just 'been drawn back in.'
- •I am willing to give the North Vancouver District Library $5 in late fees to finish the rest of M Train.