NON-MUSIC STUFF I LEARNED FROM PLAYING AN INSTRUMENT
This is a serious list for once
- •How to not be the best but still be importantFirst chair or last chair, what you're doing matters!
- •How to listenSometimes you will need to shut up and just listen. Learned to not always be the loudest.
- •How to take the leadMaybe you are the best and you have to lead the section. Be humble and lead by example.
- •How to tell people what they're doing is wrongMaybe they're playing the wrong note or rhythm. Be kind but firm.
- •Practice doesn't make perfect, but practice makes betterWhether it's studying or practicing or applying to jobs, repetition will make you better. Take corrections, don't give up, and you'll see improvement.