THINGS YOUR SISTER SAYS WHEN SHE'S A CRIME SCENE ANALYST
My sister is currently a crime scene analyst for a police department and was previously a DNA analyst for the U.S. military. Sometimes when we're texting or catching up over dinner, I realize how weird our conversations get.
- •"I played with sperm for 4 hours today."When I asked her how work was that day, she went into depth on testing chemicals on almost-expired sperm acquired from the local sperm bank.
- •"That's where his head was."On our way to Din Tai Fung for dumplings, pointing to a spray painted X on the street in front of a busy local mall where a pedestrian was hit and killed.
- •"You don't want to see hotel sheets under black light."Um no definitely not.
- •"The letters on the license plate of the vehicle I'm processing are HPV ...that's unfortunate."Yup.
- •"Upside of double homicide."On earning overtime when getting called in over the weekend.
- •"You should be thankful for no grandkids."My sister to our parents when they asked about the main suspect in above mentioned double homicide.
- •"Grandma took an ax to the face...just sayin."My sister's reaction when I chastised her for bringing up the subject of grandkids at all with our mother.
- •"I can't talk about an ongoing investigation."People really say that!