FAVORITE FOOD AND DRINK SPOTS IN SLO
SLO, on California's central coast is such a hub for good food and drinks. I lived there for 6 years and miss these places all the time.
- •ForemostTheir burrata plates are to die for and I love their desserts. But everything is so good and their menu changes pretty regularly.
- •Tap It Brewing CompanyEverything's orange. And hidden enough that it's relaxing without a bunch of college kids there
- •Luis Wine BarI enjoyed going there after work for happy hour to read, work on outside projects and meet up with friends.
- •Woodstock PizzaThe pizza is great late at night and the beers are cheap.
- •Village Host PizzaTheir PPP (pesto, pineapple, pepperoni) pizza is unexpectedly delicious and it is rarely crowded.
- •Ember in Arroyo GrandeOh man oh man. Their menu changes every month. They had the best cheesecake I've had in such a long time. Their Brussel sprouts are amazing and every pizza you could order is bomb.
- •Barrel House in PasoThey also have a great outdoor seating area to have some beer. Also not populated by college kids.
- •ScoutThey roast their own beans and almond milk and pastries. Their honey tea bowl is quite tasty.
- •Bella MundoIf you enjoy good coffee, this is the best place to go on the central coast. On a hot day their Hot Lips is delicious.
- •Firestone WalkerAlso in Paso (and Buellton), right down the road from Brewhouse. The tasting room and tour is fun. Their restaurant in Paso is bomb. Their pizza dough is made with beer, their beef is fed hops, their fish tacos are awesome. And you can get beers on tap there that aren't in stores.
- •High Street DeliThe 420 deal is great, but their sandwiches are worth the full price. I love their Cali Turkey, Pastrami, Dutch Punch, and Pesto Turkey sandos. If you want every sandwich place to be a real disappointment, you have to go here. Be warned you definitely need napkins- they sure are messy sandos. Their 420 brownie bar cookie things are so tasty too, and they have a bunch of beers and chips for you to enjoy with your sandwich.
- •GranadaThis is a fun little restaurant. Great menu and drink selection. If it's crowded sit upstairs and enjoy the relaxed feel.
- •Etc.I'm missing a bunch but these are definitely my top places to go when I'm there. SLO is full of treasures and great places, especially for how close together everything is.