GO WATCH THE DESCENDANTS
Mostly just so @jessacosta will watch and discuss and sing with me
- •so I know I'm like a decade too old to like this but it's adorable so whatever 💖
- •it's about the kids of Disney characters. The villains are exiled on to this island but four of the villains' kids get to be exchange students with the "good" kids.
- •it's directed and choreographed by Kenny Ortega, the mastermind of High School Musical and Newsies
- •the first song is so cringeworthy that it's honestly hard to watch but just get through it trust me 😳
- •just accept the Disney channel acting and bad dialogue and bask in the campy, cheesy glorious song and dance ✨
- •there are multiple dance breaks and the actors can like actually dance
- •i'm assuming there's a cute Zac Efron like characterI can't tell because he just looks like a scrawny little white kid to me but i'm sure that's what Zac looked like to older ppl at the time
- •Mal and Evie have great hairThis is actually a plot point
- •they cast POC as previously white characters!!
- •there's a Gabriella-esque song where they look of in the distance and sing about their relationship problems
- •an awkward yet fun acapella-rap version of be our guest
- •cute after school special lessons such as don't be dumb to get a guy to like you and don't judge someone based on their past
- •KRISTEN CHENOWETH AS MALEFICENT