THE PAINS OF WORKING IN RETAIL
Coming atcha live from a closing shift
- •We close at 9, but I don't get to go home until midnight because a bunch of animals ransacked the place.
- •"What time do you close?" "9pm" "Okay, I'll be quick!"It's 8:57. Please go home.
- •It's not my fault that we don't have your size even though the website told you we have it.I'm sorry to tell you.
- •Getting an attitude from people who are in a rush.Let me move at hyper speed because you came to shop with a time limit.
- •I'm pretty sure my manager hates his job more than I do.And makes it very, very apparent. Dude, just be nice. None of us dreamed of having a job in retail.
- •Not making enough money to even be able to shop and use my discount.Shoutout to unlivable minimum wage!
- •"Is this on sale?"Did you find it in the sale section? Does it have a sale sticker on it? Oh you just took it off a random rack? No. No it is not.
- •I'm so happy you just rummaged through an entire 3 piles of shirts to find your size and then decide you don't want it.No, it's fine. I'll clean it up.
- •"Fold that pile again. The shirts aren't symmetrically lined up."That's because it's not physically possible. I am not a machine.
- •I don't make my company's policy. I'm just forced to follow it.
- •Rude customers who find a way to make everything your fault.I'm sorry you're having a bad day. Please don't take it out on me. I'm just trying to make a living.
- •Working retail has made me bitter.