CONCERTS I'VE BEEN TO THIS YEAR, RANKED
Also using this opp to beg the general listing public for a ticket to the jenny lewis rabbit fur coat LA anniversary show in January that sold out in like an hour in October
- •Haim (troubadour, april)Haim and FRIENDS, so besides my middle parted favs, I saw Kesha (!), ed droste, Laura marling, and Jenny Lewis (the only person I have yelled 'yaaassss kweeeeen' at with no irony, she is my personal inspiration, a hero, the pinnacle of artistry, I could go on for an infinite number of lists about her!!! Please sell me a ticket to her show.)
- •Fleetwood Mac (forum, april)My friend scored free tix! But it's not like Stevie nicks can be improved upon.
- •Best coast (the echo, March)Second time seeing BC, first show I saw after moving to LA, in my now favorite venue.
- •Tobias jesso, Jr. (the echo, april)To-bae-as jesso Jr.
- •Bully (the echo, October)I ultimately decided against bringing a sign to the show that read "but what does Steve albini eat for breakfast????" I probably should have. Either way, excellent live show. Everyone should listen to Bully.
- •Silversun pickups (Masonic lodge, September)Excellent venue, great performance! But way too hot 😓😓
- •Rita Ora (el Rey, September)The convenience fees cost more than the tickets
- •Kurt vile (Fonda, October)I only mildly like Kurt vile's music, but the friend I went with is a huge fan. Mitigated by the fact that I saw carrie fucking brownstein in the bathroom
- •Sturgill Simpson (Ace Hotel, November)Beautiful venue, I loved sitting. I went with a friend who is a fan. It was a fine show, just not my favorite. I do like country music though, trust