MY TRIP TO CLARO'S ITALIAN GROCERY STORE
If you live in Southern California, go. Go on a Saturday when it's busy. 15 people deep at the deli counter doesn't matter because the samples keep coming.
- •SandwichThis is what I came for. Pre-made. $5. Delicious.
- •Pizza doughOh, and this. Once a month they email a coupon for three pounds of free fresh pizza dough.
- •Meat 1Decided I'd bring a charcuterie plate to dinner for my friend Chris' birthday tonight. This is Bon gusto salami, a house special.
- •Meat 2Hot soppressata
- •Cheese 1Creamy fontina
- •Cheese 2Sharp provolone
- •Garlic marinated mushroomsA show stopper, always. These will be in my lunch all week.
- •Marinated artichokesThese too.
- •GnocchiTo eat in the night of the 29th. It's a tradition I leaned about when I lived in Buenos Aires that I'm excited to start adopting.
- •CoffeeCause I'm out and it was on sale.
- •Olive oilDitto.