WES ANDERSON, RANKED
Oh mannnnn.... Can't they all be number one? This causes me actual pain @Nicholas
- 1.Moonrise KingdomWhat kind of bird are you? Everything is just shy of absurd. And I love that.
- 2.Fantastic Mr. FoxA fucking masterpiece. I own a book about the making of it and it's insane. Plus Mr. Fox's little whistle click is the best.
- 3.Darjeeling LimitedThe colors. The suitcases. That train! Also: The Kinks.
- 4.The Grand Budapest HotelBoy With Apple! Mendel's treat boxes. All of it.
- 5.The Royal TannenbaumsReally tied for 4th with Grand Budapest and Life Aquatic. But since we have to conform to traditional numbering it barely edged out life aquatic because that house is a work of genius.
- 6.The Life Aquatic with Steve ZissouEsteban!!!! The first Wes Anderson film I saw. I was enchanted from the first moment. Ties for 4th! Actually they all tie for first. Let's be serious.
- 7.RushmoreWhile I love Rushmore, it doesn't have the same visual finesse that the other films have. And as an art director I feel like I get to be picky about this.
- 8.Bottle RocketOnly just saw this recently - it is definitely a peek at the brilliance to come but it doesn't make me swoon uncontrollably.