MOVIES I DISTINCTLY REMEMBER CRYING AT, BY AGE
What will 25 bring?
- •5 years old: The Lion King(Also when I learned the word "stampede")
- •7 years old: It Takes TwoI think this is the one Mary-Kate and Ashley were nominated for, but don't quote me on that.
- •9 years old: Now and ThenAt Laura Weiss's sleepover party. Was I crying because of the movie or being homesick? I'll never tell.
- •13 years old: Uptown GirlThe fact that I cried during this Brittany Murphy chick flick is the only detail I remember about it.
- •16 years old: The NotebookSelf-explanatory.
- •18 years old: JunoJuno: You're so cool, and you don't even have to try. Paulie: I try really hard.
- •20 years old: Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky BobbyCrying as a side effect to cramp-inducing laughter.
- •21 years old: The Kids are All RightSaw it twice in theaters, cried twice in theaters.
- •22 years old: Frances HaSniffled inaudibly at the Lincoln Center artsy theater while middle-aged Upper West Siders asked each other "what, was doing the movie in color too expensive?"
- •24 years old: Boyhoodmostly because I miss the 90's.