These are my favorite musicals. You disagree and you're wrong.
- 1.NEXT TO NORMALhow did billy elliott win? this show changed my life.
- 2.SPRING AWAKENINGamazing and the revival was even better in some ways. angsty and hip like me
- 3.ONCEmusic and story make this musical so good and raw
- 4.COMPANYthis was the first show that got me super obsessed with theatre and is by far my favorite Sondheim.
- 5.RENTso I totally realized that I would have more than 10 after I thought of rent. I mean come on. How?
- 6.THE LAST FIVE YEARSjason robert brown can always fuck me up and this one just does it the most. also the movie was hella rad.
- 7.JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTARsay what you want but I was raised on this musical and it is probably my favorite andrew loyd webber (sorry phantom). the Rock and groove get me going
- 8.CABARETmy favorite kander and ebb (super close to chicago). believe the music, politics, and theatricality of it make it a staple in american musical theatre
- 9.PIPPINhad to include a schwartz in here and it was between godspell and this. love the revival and the finale so it wins
- 10.THE 25th ANNUAL PUTNAM COUNTY SPELLING BEEas far as musical comedies go, this one is pretty damn good. also i was just in this so I'm a little biased.
- 11.WEST SIDE STORYok so this in my opinion is the greatest musical score ever. so beautiful to listen to and makes me cry every time.
- 12.*BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTYok so this musical is fucking amazing and it's a shame that it didn't get more acclaim. more about this on another list of under appreciated theatre.
- 13.**HAMILTONok so this is an add on. I love this show and all that it is. it deserves the hype because it is so breathtaking to see.