REASONS I HAVE DUMPED SOMEBODY
Or ended things before they became seeious
- •Because I didn't think my mom would like himMy mom later told me not to make life decisions based on her hypothetical approval, but I don't know, my mom is pretty cool, I don't think this is a terrible standard to have.
- •Because he told me he was no longer attracted to me but still wanted to date (?!?!?!)He was genuinely shocked when I told him that this hurt my feelings and that I wanted to just be friends. (Months later he tried to claim that he was the dumper and not the dumpee, but the facts are on my side.)
- •Because I had too much homeworkA friend in college once said that to Nolan somebody was to "breakup with someone because you had too much homework" which is embarrassingly sort of true. But I also don't think there is anything wrong with not making your dating life your top priority! Sometimes it's okay to put other things first! I don't regret it.
- •Because I got a job in another city and was like LOL BYEDating somebody only because you moved to a new city after college and had no friends and no life and were kinda bored is not a good enough reason to start a relationship.
- •Because he never listened to the mix CD I gave him, THE WORST OFFENSE OF ALLA wise prophet once said, "If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends." And by friends I mean Tegan and Sara and by wise prophet I mean the Spice Girls.