Things Friday Night Lights and Nashville (the Show) Have in Common
In honor of my obsessive Nashville marathon
- •Connie BrittonAnd her hair
- •Hot rugged talented bad boys who get in their own wayTim Riggins is basically the young football version of Deacon amirite?
- •Goody-two-shoeses we don't care aboutAhem, Scarlett and Lyla, cough
- •Similar namesRayna, Layla, Lyla, Tyra, Layna. Also, two characters named Luke.
- •Both make very conservative American pastimes seem charming and heartfelt, and if not liberal, then neutralLet's try to forget Odessa in Friday Night Lights the book, which sounded horrifyingly racist. Let's pretend country stars' undying love for the Confederate flag doesn't exist.