Things that give me debilitating anxiety.
And why I won't apologize for them.
- •Spaces where I can potentially get stuck.I don't care about new your elevator is or how many times your rollercoaster has been ridden, I do not enjoy putting myself in situations where I could potentially be stuck for extended periods of time where I also know I will be extremely uncomfortable. Not sorry for that. I'll take the stairs if I need to.
- •Being sick.I care about my health. I don't enjoy feeling horrible. I don't know many people who do. Let me be my anxious mess in my own bed away from other humans while I'm sick.
- •Interviews.I find talking about myself extremely nerve-wracking. What if you don't like what I'm saying? We're not talking about a shirt we saw on a window display, we're talking about me. That's tough!!
- •Public speaking.All those eyes. All those ears. So much attention to all the things you could possibly do or say incorrectly.
- •Random moments during the day when everything seems like it's going right.Hey guess what? I'm human. And I'm a human that happens to have generalized anxiety disorder. Sometimes I feel like impending doom is right around the corner for no reason. I won't apologize for that. I try my hardest to work on it and that has to count for something.