Already on li.st? Open in app.
Some of the reasons I think I'm dating the most adorable human;
- •He likes to bring me little gifts that remind him of me, ever since the first time we met. Candles, handcrafted decorations for my apartment, burgers. Lol
- •We share ice cream cones and mash them in each other's faces. As well as snowballs.
- •He thinks he can sing made up songs (it's painful) and threatens to sing to me when I'm crying unless I cheer up. Then he sings anyway.
- •Close-knit teamJust added four people but that only brings us up to nine, with eight in-house.
- •Company shares
- •Flexible work hours
Here's a few of the things I tried in Korea- things I now love and attempt to recreate, and other dishes I'll just let them keep on enjoying...
- •Asian bakery hot dog pastriesHotdog treats at coffee shops like the French-Korean Tous Les Jours ... Didn't try them but they didn't look overly threatening. Kinda pretty and there's a good chance that while it was mystery meat, nothing in them had been (or still was) alive within the past hour. Just wasn't something I was looking for on my 8am jet-lagged caffeine run. Little curious how they keep them from getting soggy or stale...
- •Jeon GolBeautiful, hearty, spicy noodle stews made my life in Seoul. My friend living there told me that many little restaurants focus on perfecting only a few dishes. We had this in Sindang and it was amazingg. Cured my hangover and then some. As you can see, it's basically the kitchen sink of standard Korean ingredients. They bring you it to your table (which has a burner) and you simmer & serve it yourselves, family style.
- •Street food, assortedWe checked out the street food stalls in Myeong-dong. It's one the the busiest places in Seoul and is popular for shopping. These were rather tame items we tried, but there was lots of snail looking things, other fried or dried seafood; grilled cuttlefish, whole crabs,steamed egg muffins, etc.
Having an LDR can be difficult- there's no way around it. But there's a lot of positive things you can take from it as well. Here's some stuff I've come to realize so far:
- •It's gonna be expensive. Prepare to spend a lot on sometimes very short trips to see them. But those trips will mean be amazinggg. So much actually.Be smart - so don't do what I've been doing- and budget around when you and your bf/gf can AFFORD to make these trips.
- •Snapchat. It's cute and easy to share what you're doing throughout the day.
- •Take time to have long FaceTime or Skype conversations about everything or nothing. Have a beer together over Skype. Watch a movie the same way.Another cute thing that happens through always communicating like this is that you really learn your gf/bf's face. You'll be able to instantly tell when they're upset, anxious, sad, or happy. And you'll appreciate their smile so much it will become one of your favorite things about them. Trust me ❤️
From time to time I get this sinking feeling of stuck-ness, of restlessness & wanting desperately to be anywhere else. You feel it when you look up in the sky at a passing plane and decide you'd be good for going where it's going- just to get away. But here's the thing- eventually you'll want to pack up again. And roaming just isn't for everyone.
- •When you're always staring over the fence at the greener grass, you forget about the good people and good things you actually have going for you now.Thinking grateful thoughts can help you remember how lucky you actually are.
- •Always having a run-away mindset keeps you from developing healthy resiliency and problem-solving skills. Running away when things are tough might seem ok now when you are a single unit- but with a family ? Not so much.
- •If you look around, there are always things to get involved with that can bring more enjoyment to life when it's seeming particularly mundane. Put yourself out there.Check out meet-up groups, eventbrite, local community websites, and heck, even old-school bulletin boards. Other people are putting effort into planning fun things that share their hobbies, interests, and passions. If there isn't- maybe it's your turn to organize something!
- 1.It's snowing. More like, it's down-pouring, snow.
- 2.If anyone wanted real entertainment tonight, they should just come and watch you struggle to transfer a SIM card to your new iPhone. Yea. Technologically challenged.
- 3.It's snowing.