The Star Wars Movies, Ranked
My own personal opinion. Which happens to be right.
- 1.The Empire Strikes BackA near perfect film, in my opinion. I mean, shit goes down in this one. It's just so epic in every sense of the word. Han and Leia finally get together, Luke trains with Yoda on Degobah, Darth Vader continues to be badass and we learn that he's Luke's father?! Also it has the epic carbonite freezing scene!
- 2.A New HopeThe one that started off the original trilogy with a bang, taking us to a galaxy far, far away, and introducing us to some real iconic shit. Flawed though it is, everything about this film was made with hard work and love. It was so ahead of its time back then, and watching it now you can certainly see why.
- 3.Return of the JediThe entire Star Wars saga reaches its epic finale in this one. Luke and Leia discover that they're actually siblings and Darth Vader redeems himself, thus returning to the light side. But just to get this out there, I think the Ewoks are pretty darn cute. Annoying as hell, but they prove to be somewhat useful in the end so it can be forgiven.
- 4.The Force AwakensThis film was everything I hoped it would be. I loved it! It could possibly be ranked above ROTJ, but I just couldn't bring myself to put it over an original. But this film perfectly blends the old with the new. There are so many funny little moments, lines, and references that just killed me. And the old crew are fucking back! The epic reveal of the Millenium Falcon is one of my personal favorite moments. Finn, Rey, and Poe are also the three cutest, most badass darlings ever.
- 5.Revenge of the SithThe story of Anakin's turn to the dark side and the birth of Darth Vader! A lot of great and dark stuff happens in this one. Some cringe-worthy dialogue and stupid shit thrown in, but the overall story is pretty great.
- 6.Attack of the ClonesAwkward. Super awkward. Like come on? The romance is weirdly intense and too lovey dovey. Anakin needs to cool his jets with those creepy looks, and Padme should just dial it back with the dramatics.
- 7.The Phantom MenaceThis movie is completely and utterly unnecessary. I don't know what else to say about it really. It's just a tragedy and it is so fucking boring. Lots of political bullshit that no one cares about. I'm sorry but why is Qui Gon Jinn even there?! Don't even get me started on Jar Jar.