I'm Vegan AMA
inspired by all of you
- •What do you miss eating?Suggested by @mallofamanda
- •@mallofamanda honestly, nothing. the things i miss are dishes, not like specific ingredients. i don't miss meat or dairy or eggs because i am so aware of the cruelty involved, it kind of repulses me. but i might miss like mac and cheese or something and then i can just make a vegan version with cashew cheese!
- •What's your favorite dish to make?Suggested by @kbon
- •@kbon i'm really into this coconut lentil soup recipe http://www.brownvegan.com/blog/2014/3/16/coconut-lentil-soup-recipe
- •What do you usually eat for breakfast?This is the one area in which I am stuck.Suggested by @DG
- •@DG avocado toast, peanut butter toast, oatmeal, cereal, smoothieshere's the vegan pancake recipe i use too http://www.food.com/recipe/5-minute-vegan-pancakes-132263
- •What are some reliably good sources for vegan recipes?Suggested by @DG
- •@DG http://www.hotforfoodblog.com is a great one! they also have a youtube called Hot For Food and the creator, Lauren Toyota, has a personal youtube channel with lots of other vegan vids
- •What's your motivation?Suggested by @smmrnss
- •@smmrnss the animals, the planet. if you want to learn more about it, check out the documentaries Earthlings and Food Inc. I believe they're both on netflix!