FOOD THAT DEFILED MY CAST IRON SKILLET LATELY
I indulged in a cast iron skillet set for camping I am more obsessed with it than my dog.
- •Peach Pie- Southern living has an Apple Pie Skillet recipe I adapted. Unreal!
- •Potato hash with roasted corn and peppers to accompany cheeseburgers for impromptu barbecue.
- •Garlic Asian Shrimp with brown rice because sometimes when you go country you gotta go international country. Low brow need not always be Amuricahn!
- •Mexican casserole -Grilled Chicken, peppers, roasted corn, pinto beans, brown rice and taco soy cream sauce. WOW!!!
- •Chicken Lo Mein
- •Corn Bread made with corn meal from our families trip to The Great Smokies where we saw an old mill and got our lil nuggets as a souvenir. Amazing! The Smokies and the skillet bread. I just want to go back to see the leaves in the fall and get more skillet supplies.
- •Banana Bread as my hubby loves banana bread but is trying to cut back on gluten- with chocolate chips and pecan
- •In my experience there is not a painful soul sore a good meal with a stiff drink can't help but ease...
- •I have lived all over the world but I have found my reflection in that greasy Southern skillet. It has an old skillet soul that speaks to the Semetic in me.
- •Cobbler that I was the only soul left awake to eat...
- •Homemade burritos with leftover roasted chicken and homemade refried beans.