My friends 12 year old daughter
- •My friends daughter had a craniotomy yesterday she was hit by car a few evenings ago while on foot
- •Last night her swelling subsided once more, thank G-d!
- •I went to see her
- •And her beautiful preteen face is 100% perfect with zero bruising which seems unfathomable
- •In her temporary coma all that dark preteen edginess looks completely serene and you see her still glass blue eyes and blond golden hair...
- •Peeking out beneath a swathe of white cotton mummifying her troubled head with multiple tubes & probes digging in. While I was there they need to jimmy the drain & while my friend seemed brave the young women in scrubs eyes seemed teary & I felt worried. It's a teaching hospital & I realize now she was probably the intern responsible for one more
- •They are her medical fortune teller
- •My friend is calm and introverted a grant writer at Georgia Tech and a horticulture therapist for challenged humans
- •And she brings her thoughtful, quiet demeanor and her sweet sense of humor to this unreal task of having faith and waiting
- •I don't think I could be as strong and I admire her patient peace
- •We live in a little Urban college town ITP in Atlanta filled with college professors, public servants and people call it where Berkeley meets Mayberry
- •People live in 1910 Bungalows and cook casseroles for each other and boys don't need to play sports and can wear a dress to school and we have a soap box derby down a turn of the century street and a porchfest and An old time square the kids grab ice cream at on sunny Friday's after school.
- •It's pretty amazing except it's getting maybe a lil too Highland Park and gentrified
- •But so be it because our lil town is Decatur strong and we raised 13k on a goFundMe for my friend in 24 freaking hours.
- •Money won't cure everything but until they learn otherwise there is hope for a full recovery
- •Which is a far cry from the funeral my friend thought she was planning