Lakita at the post office with your tween son and hijab
I am so sorry
- •You were trying to mail a package and fumbling with the machine and I stepped into help.You were so thankful
- •It took a bit, all the numbers and letters etc.As my full time gig is now sending Science Project 2.0 camp packages, I am wicked good with this machine.
- •You reached out your hand and said "I am Muslim" (pretty clear) and your name and said "thanks for the help, we are all human" No doubt. I 100% agree.
- •You told me the package was nothing strange, just 2 Maxi dresses.I am so sorry you think you need to tell me what's in your package. OMG that is so horrible...now I am crying writing this. WTF? Is this what America has come to? I mean, I was mailing D batteries nobody was looking at me weird in my short shorts. (Maybe they were but probably because I am too old for short, shorts)
- •I broke the news I am Jewish but for freedom of religion and we are all super cool and flashed a peace sign.This whole thing hit me hard. More tears.
- •I hope the girl who is getting the maxi dress present loves it. I am sure they were sweet as Lakita had hip style.
- •This was the illustration I quickly made for my son to send with his package.
- •Peace On Earth