Favorite Books on Screenwriting
Arbitrary and capricious screenwriting teacher says:
- •The Screenwriter's Bible by David TrottierExcellent all-in-one guide for beginners. Great reference for teachers.
- •How NOT To Write A Screenplay by Denny Martin FlinnActual screenwriting book written by actual screenwriter of actual good Star Trek movie (VI).
- •Screenwriting: The Sequence Approach by Paul Joseph GulinoIf full-length screenplays intimidate, this guy breaks it into manageable chunks.
- •Making A Good Script Great by Linda SegerGood advice here.
- •The Third Act: Writing A Great Ending to Your Screenplay by Drew YannoEssential real talk about the end.
- •Writing Movies for Fun and Profit by Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben GarantBy actual entertainers for maximum entertaining real talk.