Already on li.st? Open in app.
Picked 10 from what I own, here they are (unranked).
- •The Purple Rose of CairoDir. Woody Allen
- •The Grand Budapest HotelDir. Wes Anderson
- •Olive KitteridgeDir. Lisa Cholodenko
- •All of them
I saw a lot of things. These were my favorites.
- 1.SpotlightNo star turns. No flashy cinematography. A well-made procedural top to bottom with everyone doing their job without trying to stand out. Just like the people in the movie.
- 2.CreedAdonis Johnson/Creed just wants to build his own legacy. He has to figure out a way to address his famous pedigree while making a name for himself. Working with the people who produced Raging Bull and Rocky and Sylvester Stallone, Ryan Coogler may have felt a similar pressure. But man, does he deliver. I can't wait for the next 5 Creed films.
- 3.Mad Max: Fury RoadIn a surprisingly great year for late films in a franchise, Fury Road stands above the rest (tentatively). You could look at this film all day. A welcome respite from the loveless imagery we see associated with post apocalyptic films. For as grim as this world is, George Miller loves it and it shows in every frame. Oh, and Charlize Theron of course.
Cats. What the fuck.
- •Meow.A lot.
- •Chase each other.From the living room to the bedroom. And repeat.
- •Use the litter box.The one I just cleaned.
These kids suck.
- •Anakin SkywalkerLoves his mom, podracing and spinning. Is the worst.
- •Mace TowaniSomehow a rebel pilot. Mean to Ewoks who still save him every time he almost dies.
- •Lumpawaroo aka LumpySon to Chewbacca. Enjoys cartoons and Cirque de Soleil holograms. Shows off his illegal toys and propaganda while his house is raided by Stormtroopers.
I went to LA for the first time. It was cool.
- •Lanewood AveIt has pine trees
- •ArtAt the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- •More art
This is a thing List App suggested that seemed fun