Preconceived Notions & First Impressions
Where I watch the pilot episodes of tv series I've never seen before & compare it to my previous general understanding of the show
- •Dawson's Creek (1998-2003)"I Don't Wanna Wait" to talk about the sexual tension in the room. So much snark & teenage angst & white girl problems.
- •Fringe (2008-2013)So much more sci-fi & conspiracy than I anticipated for a procedural. Also, kinda just here for JJ tbh
- •Bones (2005- )First off, this show is still on?! From what I gather she solves crimes with bones (& is not in fact named bones) but the FBI guy doesn't believe her science all the time. But also they kinda really love each other bc their faces are practically touching while talking about a murder investigation.
- •Chuck (2007-2012)The geek squad has a very narrow window of relevance in our national consciousness/lexicon & 2007 was it. Also heavy on the NSA, hacking, & government conspiracy while being a slightly silly workplace comedy? May or may not have confused it with Dexter.
- •Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997-2003)Do these teenagers answer to no one? What kind of name is Buffy? Can all of life's problems be solved with a Google search, some hacking, continuous wit/sarcasm, a British librarian, & roundhouse kicks? Do people take this show seriously?