THINGS TO THANK MY MOM FOR
Because you only get one mom in life
- •Reminding me that no boy will ever be good enough.But mommmmm I love him is the classic response. Thanks mom for listening to my pleas to a supposed Cupid and reminding me that some feelings just aren't for forever.
- •Baking me a cake for every birthday.Because that store bought shit just isn't the same. Where is the love in that?
- •Teaching me to be brave. And smart. And free.Mostly importantly teaching me to let the good be good and everything else roll of my back.
- •Never caring about a bad grade.Because there have been quite a few of these. Thanks for teaching me that I am more than a number score or letter grade that makes its' home atop my exam or paper.
- •But always, always caring when I get a good grade.Because you always make me feel like I cured cancer when I get one of these.
- •Making me a separate dinner when everyone else is eating chicken.Because you know I would be infinitely happy eating Kraft Mac n Cheese with you for the rest of our days.
- •Never forgetting about the importance of dessert.Because our secret language is usually coded behind the words, "are you having ice cream tonight?"
- •Teaching me to find joy in the little things.Like talking to dogs because they understand our souls, and memorizing the steps of our beach path, and the perfect combination of a cheese and tomato sandwich.
- •Making sure I don't grow up too fast.This means taking me to get my haircut and teeth cleaned and depositing a check...because honestly who knows how to do that.