Life's Little Pleasures
Sometimes we take the routine occurrences in our life for granted. Sometimes we just need to stop and "smell the roses".
- 1.HaydenMy eccentric wild child. She'll slap you with the same hand she just used to caress your cheek and "Are you ok?" She's the personality of our Clan....and she really wants a cat. So she can apparently eat it. No really. She's been eyeballing the neighbors cat and I'm becoming concerned lol. My little princess in combat boots who think Hot Chocolate is awesome. She's an old soul, I mean her favorite song is Queens "Bicycle Race" that says it all lol.
- 2.ElijahThis special, nerve wrecking, sour patch kid....God I love him, my first born, my pain in the neck, my spirit animal. He's the pulse of our little family. So bright, so innovative, so intelligent. He's the kind of child that'll ask questions about everything! "Mommy why do we have bones, and blood and stuff". LOL and you cannot tell this kid any old malarkey and expect that to appease him. He wants to know, has to get an in detail answer and will find out the answer.
- 3.MasonAn AMAZING bright child. My little Leo, the true embodiment of a lion (literally he was growling at 6 months). He loves to play in the mirror and crawl around, he speeds up when he's sees your following him. He's very independent already, he'll snatch the spoon out of your hand and try to feed himself. He loves music, he likes it when I sing to him. He enjoys flexing in the mirror and is possess an abnormal amount of strength for a 10 month old. I suspect he's moonlighting as a pro body builder.
- 4.Easy DaysThat's what I call the days I don't have to make a full course meal for the kiddos. And know I'm not guilty that the didn't get all of the nutrients of the food pyramid for one day (Take that supermoms!). I work hard, and I tend to 3 awesome kids on the daily. So whipping out the pizza rolls and getting artsy with it on a Wednesday is well deserved, and they like it to. That night the weren't forced to finish their vegetables before they could leave the table. That night I was their Supermom.
- 5.Family outingsYes it's a hassle to round up the 3 musketeers and head to the park for an impromptu picnic, but moments like this make it all worth it. Watching them bicker like an old married couple over pizza lunchables. I am iving the dream.
- 6.Arts & CraftsThey asked me to recreate "Branch" from the movie "Trolls", I'm no artist but this is pretty darn impressive. They loved it so much they wanted to put it in the freezer. I tried to tell them it wouldn't harden but they insisted so in the freezer went Branch. 24 hours passed and to no avail he was not frozen. Elijah then suggested submerging him in water, which I contested. Alas, 10 minutes later Branch was a gelatinous collection of water and slime. R.I.P. Branch (Childhood ruined)
- 7.CreativityIf your 4 year old asks you to make him a coloring book. You just do it. I'd have no freaking clue what that thing is at the bottom; a fly a mosquito, a dragonfly with glasses. You tell me? All I know is Elijah loves it (He practically sleeps with this thing. Now he wants me to draw E. J. fighting crime and going on an adventure...Any ideas? Me neither. So it's back to the drawing board.
- 8.PrivacyEnough Said.
- 9.Fighting for the underdog (or bird)I witness a bunch of Ravens ganging up on this helpless little guy (I later named him Neo). I brandished my lighter violently to get rid of the ravens and, with a little help from a friend, put him in a box, brought him inside my command and awaited animal control, who didn't have Base access, Neo unfortunately died so me and my coworkers held a funeral and buried him next to the window outside the CMC's office and using my lighter as a tombstone. We played "See you again" in the Background.