FORCE FRIDAY: A GUIDE TO THE STAR WARS MERCHANDISE MAYHEM
Now that we've entered the first day in what Disney estimates is a 40-year reign for new Star Wars merchandise, what cool bits of plastic have our corporate overlords, in their boundless munificence, provided for us? Here's a guide: http://nym.ag/1Xr1Sj5
- •Miniature BB-8 ($149.99)This is the crown jewel of the Force Awakens toys, the thing that the people have clamored for ever since the adorable soccer-droid made its debut, and thanks to Disney's partnership with Sphero, you've finally got a vessel in which to pour all your love and affection.
- •Finn's Pilot Jacket ($49.99)Were you, too, obsessing over John Boyega's jacket in the Force Awakens trailer? Now you — or, more realistically, your child — can get the look, straight from Jakku's hottest (literally, it's a desert planet) boutiques.
- •Furbacca ($79.99)This is exactly what it sounds like, and you have every reason to be scared.
- •"Battle Action" Millennium Falcon ($119.99)If you're the type of person who wants to buy a $100 Millennium Falcon toy, you probably already have one. But do you have one that shoots darts?
- •Kylo Ren's Lightsaber ($29.99)Everyone made fun of this lightsaber when it showed up in the Force Awakens teaser. But will they make fun of you when you bring it into work? (Probably.)
- •Captain Phasma Suit ($59.99)This is made for children, so it might be a little bit tight on you, which is probably the only time you'll be able to say that about something intended to be worn by Gwendoline Christie.
- •First Order Special Forces LEGO TIE Fighter ($69.99)This thing is like the Rolls-Royce of LEGO aircraft. Macklemore's next single will definitely be about this.
- •Black Series First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter (With TIE Fighter Pilot) ($169.99)I guess that makes this one the Ferrari.
- •Poe Dameron's X-Wing Vehicle ($49.99)Sure, this looks cool, but can it build affordable housing in Yonkers?
- •LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon ($149.99)Too many pieces, probably, but maybe you can convince someone on Craigslist to build it for you.
- •Star Wars Duck Tape ($7.99)For when you like Star Wars but you also need some duct tape.