HOW TO ASSEMBLE A NEXT-LEVEL NYC THANKSGIVING SPREAD
Cooking Thanksgiving dinner in a cramped New York apartment can be stressful. Luckily, there's so much world-class culinary talent here that there's really no need for you to do it yourself. Here, some of the finest à la carte options around town: http://nym.ag/1OGX1I8
- •The Bird: A smoked turkey from the Meat Hook ($150 for a 10-to-12-pound bird; turkey gravy is $6)Ordering Deadline: No set deadline, but they go fast; order online.
- •Side One: Traditional sourdough stuffing or red rice stuffing with dried apricots, cherries, and chile from R&D Foods ($18 each, serves four)Ordering Deadline: Orders must be placed by November 23 and can be done by email, in person, or by phone. Delivery is also available.
- •Side Two: Cranberry and sour corn chow-chow from Harry & Ida's ($9 per pint)Ordering Deadline: Available from November 19 to 25, orders can be placed by email, over the phone, or in store.
- •Side Three: Root vegetable and apple gratin from the the Greene Grape ($40, serves four to six; $65 serves eight to ten)Ordering Deadline: 9 p.m. Sunday, November 22; order online.
- •Side Four: Hard-cider-cheddar loaf and cranberry pecan levain from Runner & Stone ($8 each, both 16 ounces)Ordering Deadline: 12 p.m. on November 24; orders can be placed in store or by calling 718-576-3360.
- •Side Five: Acorn-squash stuffed with farro and sausage from BKLYN Larder ($9)Ordering Deadline: November 20; see the menu here and call 718-783-1250.
- •Dessert One: Apple custard or sweet-potato pie from Sadelle's ($40 each, serves eight to ten)Ordering Deadline: Available for pickup from November 23 to 25, order by email.
- •Dessert Two: Frangipane tart with mulled wine and poached pears from Roberta's ($38 or $42 for gluten-free, serves eight)Ordering Deadline: November 18; place your orders via email.
- •Dessert Three (Yes, you're getting at least three desserts. It's Thanksgiving.): Pecan pie babka from Zucker Bakery ($15, serves eight to ten depending on how you slice)Ordering Deadline: No deadline set, orders can be placed by email or at 646-559-8425.
- •What to Drink: This one's easy: Check out our excellent guide to boozing up your holiday guests with style: http://nym.ag/1iXIp91