5 Things to Know on Dec. 24
A look at the news you need to know today. Learn even more from our full morning briefing: http://nyti.ms/1mBZb03
- •Severe weather alertThe National Weather Service says the threat of tornadoes continues in the U.S. southeast after at least 6 people were killed on Wednesday. Unseasonable warmth will continue today in the east, but Utah, at least, can expect a white Christmas.
- •Ninth arrest in Paris attacksThe Brussels police have arrested a man in connection with the attacks in Paris that killed 130 people last month, the Belgian authorities said today. http://nyti.ms/1kiy4oP
- •Colorado shooting suspect wants to be his own lawyerRobert L. Dear Jr., the man accused of a deadly rampage at a Planned Parenthood center in Colorado Springs, has told a judge that he wants to represent himself and that he doesn’t trust his public defender. He will have a competency examination to determine whether he is mentally able to do so. http://nyti.ms/1mhrIHC
- •Guilt trip in New Hampshire?Jeb Bush and Gov. Chris Christie, lagging in polls, have been telling Republican voters in New Hampshire that they have an enormous responsibility: to pick a candidate not named Donald J. Trump. http://nyti.ms/1QOjaVR
- •Tracking Mr. ClausThe U.S. military, in a 60-year-old tradition, is using radar to follow Santa’s flight around the world tonight. Here's how it started: http://nyti.ms/1OjUTjS