5 Things to Know on Oct. 12
A look at the news you need to know today. Check out our full morning briefing: http://nyti.ms/1Mn9dHC
- •The Democratic debate is tomorrow, and one likely theme: That it's It’s not Barack Obama’s party anymore.
- •In the shooting of Tamir Rice, an indictment appears less likely against a Cleveland police officer after two outside reports concluded that he was “reasonable” in deciding to fire his weapon.
- •In Turkey, thousands of mourners gathered to vent their anger at the government, which they held responsible for the carnage that killed nearly 100 people at a peace rally over the weekend.
- •Dell is betting that a $67 billion acquisition will help it keep up with the rapidly changing tech industry.
- •Jason Rezaian, a reporter who has been jailed for 14 months in Iran on espionage charges, was convicted after a trial that ended 2 months ago.