5 Things to Know on Oct. 16
A look at the news you need to know today. Get more in our daily morning briefing: http://nyti.ms/1hIQ6zf
- •Regulators in Nevada, where sports betting is legal, ordered fantasy sports websites to stop operating immediately until they obtain gaming licenses.
- •Presidential candidates have released fund-raising figures. On the GOP side, Ben Carson raised the most. Among Democrats, Hillary Clinton barely outraised Bernie Sanders.
- •Friends and family say they watched Lamar Odom’s struggles mostly from a distance. The former NBA star remained in a coma today in a Las Vegas hospital.
- •South Korea's leader, Park Geun-hye, and President Obama are to meet in Washington.
- •This year a lucky few NYU students are living in $300-a-night hotel rooms.