Halloween Costume Ideas Inspired by Dogs
In need of some last-minute costume inspiration? New York Times staff photographer Nicole Bengiveno photographed the Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade last weekend. These canines have you covered. You can follow @bengiville on Instagram to see more photos: https://instagram.com/bengiville
- •Three-headed dogIf you're a human, consider dressing as a three-headed human.
- •BatdogAgain, you might want to go for Bathuman. But Bogie had an excellent Batdog impression.
- •Donald TrumpRuby, an Australian-Shepard mix, got political.
- •Pope FrancisInspired by the Papal visit? Michelle Guillen and her shih tzu, Jojo, masqueraded as the Pope and a nun.
- •Something monstrousWe have to say: We're not afraid of this guy. Perhaps you can do better.
- •King for a dayIt might be wise to leave the throne at home. But then again, you're the king! (Or queen.)
- •The creepy and the crawlyWitten, dressed as a tarantula, was living the pug's life.
- •Liberace...Simon, a Pomeranian, was accompanied by a piano named Eric Launder.
- •...or his pianoMake some music, like Harriet the Basset Hound.
- •Pizza RatBe warned: This pup was not the only Pizza Rat in attendance. If you want to be original, steer clear of this Internet meme.