This Year, What Are You Thankful For?
As Thanksgiving approaches, we want to know what you're thankful for. We may include your response in an article on NYTimes.com. Finish this sentence: "This year, I am thankful for ________________."
- •The very timing of Thanksgiving.I read that the holiday was formalized during the Civil War, for the sake of national unity. Couldn't ask for a better time for this to roll around again.Suggested by @bjnovak
- •The health of my children.Suggested by @hillary79
- •The people in my life and the beauty of EarthSuggested by @bnr0723
- •Family.That was the answer we got from several of our editors.
- •Tangible goals.I'd go crazy if there weren't certain ways to measure progress and success — 2016 has been about learning to self impose goals.Suggested by @Nicholas
- •CanadaSuggested by @Boogie
- •Term limitsSuggested by @jeremysomething
- •The opportunity to meet good people through unexpected channelsLike li.st.Suggested by @Jaycer17
- •It's almost overSuggested by @Lisa_Fav
- •Antidepressants.Suggested by @jeremysomething
- •Wine@jeremysomething we should cohost a party; it would be so fun !Suggested by @Lisa_Fav
- •My healthy functioning brain.Suggested by @PioneerGirl9
- •Factual NewsBecause it's hard to find the truth these daysSuggested by @abeniw
- •Being EmployedI have a great job and enjoy what I do. It allows me to pay bills, spend on my children, and save for the future. So thankful!Suggested by @GavMaLav