Already on li.st? Open in app.
feel free to take a guess 😜
- •Run the Jewels
- •Backstreet Boys
I'm including food trucks, fast food joints that would never do it, and made up stuff because this is my world.
- •In-n-OutYeah, I'll say it: In-n-out is better than Shake Shack. This will be the first location in a food court.
- •Chick-Fil-AI found out this past year that although I have a strong peanut allergy, the enzyme is cooked out in peanut oil and I have been in love with it ever sense.
- •McDonalds Fries StandLifted straight from Disneyland's secret warehouse of retired stuff. Those fries were the best that McDonald's ever created.
These are the podcasts I can not get enough of
- 1.99% InvisibleRoman Mars opens our eyes to the things we see everyday but probably don't appreciate or understand all the work that went into the reason of why the things are the way they are.
- 2.Song ExploderThe concept of the show is simple: Hrishikesh Hirway interviews an artist/group or a person closely associated with the fabrication of a specific song and discuss what went into the creative process, the meaning behind it, and how the song was created while listening to isolated tracks from the song and occasionally even early demos.
- 3.NPR's Hidden BrainShankar Vedantam helps us to understand the 'why?' on a cornucopia of topics. I like it because they don't tend to run long and are always on a wide variety of topics. Good food for thought.
The other day I had a wild rollercoaster of little ups and downs and I thought I'd compile them to show a day in my "thrilling" life. 🎢
- •Picked up my new glasses with more up-to-date perscription.Up
- •But I was early and had to wait and then there ended up being 4 other people ahead of me and I was already running late to workDown
- •My work bought donuts for the team and my co-workers let me know because I usually don't wander to the break room until later in the day.Up
...or at leave have those great smiles / laughing faces. 😃
- •Daisy Ridley
- •Tom Hiddleston
I want to connect with you all outside of here since everything has gone chaotic.
- •Post your socials on this list!
- •Or if you want some anonymity send me a list request with your socials
- •Here's mine @iamobieTwitter and Insta
I got a record player a few months ago, and I was curious to what everyone's favorite album is start to finish, or other MUST HAVE albums for vinyl. I listen to ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, even music from other countries. I will say that I naturally gravitate to something with a good beat or groove, if you want to tailor it a little.
- •Inspired by @kblaise(not my collection... yet 😂)
- •My Aim is True by Elvis CostelloReleased on the Stiff Records label ("If it ain't Stiff, it ain't worth a fuck." best company motto ever!) in 1977, this was Costello's debut release and includes Watching the Detectives, Mystery Dance, and Allison. Every song on this album is perfection—for a very long time I played it daily. The album was produced by Nick Lowe, as were Costello's next four albums. I can't imagine a record collection without it.Suggested by @Dashelamet
- •Number of times I've used the ☺️ vs 🙂 emojiThey look almost identical on my keyboard, and I don't really notice which one I click.
- •How good my music collection/taste was compared to the rest of the world.I better be Top 10.
- •How much money I saved because of how good I am at finding deals online.I pride myself on this more than I should.
As a new owner to a record player, I have found some amazing things (that I wish I could own myself) in my search for music. Here are some interesting and unique records that were released at some point in time.
- •The Dust Brothers - Fight Club Soundtrack (Mondo Release)This packaging embodies the movie to a whole new level. First, you get an envelope with your mission: Destroy Something. And you realize to get to the record, you'll have to learn the packaging open via the middle. Included in the design is an Ikea knock-off booklet to remind you of Jack's pathetic apartment.
- •Harry Manfredini - Friday the 13th Soundtrack (LE)Limited to 100 copies, the record was filled with fake blood and released through Waxwork Records. It brought down the side from all the hype, and although the rumor is they don't play too well, they're still pretty badass.
- •James Corner - Aliens Soundtrack (Mondo)Like the Friday the 13th but filled with Alien Xenomorph blood. Only 75 copies were made. Was released for Alien day, sold online and at the Alamo Drafthouse.