Celebrity moments that I experienced when I used to work rides at Disneyland.
First off, these are my opinions and do not reflect the opinions of The Walt Disney Company. Secondly, I am not discussing any negative moments as I don't know what might have been causing that, and I understand being a public figure at a theme park is tough in general.
- •Dwayne 'The Rock' JohnsonSincerely nicest guy waiting for his turn. Tweeted every ride that he rode, I heard he was signing autographs and taking pictures with fans after he got off each ride. He gave that giant smile that he always has; seemed exactly like the same person he is online. The selected picture was actually pulled from his tweet that he made when he got off my ride.
- •Paul WalkerWent up the regular line with a smaller group of friends. Blended in with everyone, gave my female coworker a big smile that she still talks about today. Although it was probably the tiniest interaction, I always find it cool when celebrities wait in the regular line.
- •Sean AstinKnown for being an avid Disney-goer. I didn't know initially how much of a Thunder Mtn fan he was. He rode the ride a handful of times and was asking us all sorts of questions on how the ride works and it's backstory. Our lead, Lauren, ended up talking to him for a half hour so that we could keep working. The best part was a yr later, a guest comes running up the exit screaming "Lauren! Lauren!" and all of us turn around to see who this buffoon is making noise. Sean. Lauren's life was complete.
- •Lee UnkrichTweeted around the time of Toy Story 3 was almost out that he was going and wanted to give TS3 gifts to fans that found him. I had DM'd him stating that I was working, and he said he couldn't do it for Disney cast, but he he offered to stop by my ride and say hi. I was actually on break when he initially asked for me, but he found me after I got off the ride. I appreciated that he went out of his way to say hi, and anyone that knows me knows I am a HUGE Pixar fan, so that was a really cool mmnt.
- •Hugh JackmanSuper friendly, polite, thanked everyone that he encountered. Was clearly having a blast and chatted with a couple cast members. I know that doesn't seem like much, but you can tell how genuine it was.
- •Tony HawkVery laid back, and is exactly how he seems on TV. If I remember correct they were there for one of his son's birthday. I joked with him and his kid, i don't remember what, but his son was being shy so we were giving him a hard time. I remember that when he got off hr saw a kid that recognized him and was wearing a Birdhouse shirt (one of his companies), and he waited for the kid to get off the ride and signed the kids shirt for him.