Things Californians Do Different Than The Rest of the States.
I know there has been lists like this before, but now that I live out of the state, I can share some of my learnings.
- •Roast Marshmallows on an unraveled metal coat hangerIf we don't want to buy skewers. Using a stick from a tree blows my mind.
- •Rock, Paper, Scissors. (No 'Shoot ')This seems to be more of a west coast thing, but still counts. You reveal your choice on 'scissors'.
- •Call everything a freeway and put the word "the" before the number."The 405" or "The 5 freeway"
- •Describe Distance in TimeDoesn't matter how many miles it is. What's important is how long will it take me to get there.
- •We DO NOT call it Cali.Anyone that does probably wasn't born in the state.
- •We call them Parking StructuresI have heard a lot of other terms for them, the one I hear the most from out of towners is 'parking garage'.