Why Using Subtitles Changed How I Watch TV
- •I'm a terrible listener with visual stimulation. So I'm great at listening to podcasts but I often get distracted watching tv to listen to everything that is said.
- •Really, I started using them so I didn't miss so much while watching Game of Thrones.
- •Since I'm a visual learner, subtitles help keep my attention.
- •You'd be surprised by what you miss.
- •Hi new vocabulary with (usually) correct spelling!
- •Once you get used to them you can't live without them.
- •The times subtitles aren't useful is for comedy because I'll end up reading punchlines before they're said.
- •Other than that, they're extremely helpful for shows that have people with accents, lots of dialogue, or generally confusing storylines where you must pay lots of attention.