DESTROYER RECORDS RANKED
The ones I've listened to only.
- •KaputtI know Dan literally hates Kaputt but no matter how much shit he talks about his own masterpiece it will continue to be a masterpiece. I would describe it as party of one on a yacht, self deprecation, and sexy unease.
- •Destroyer's RubiesSo iconic. Literally just iconic and full of rich and sexy imagery. I could go on and on about it and maybe get a little too much into how fucking sexy Dan is but I won't because I need to have at least some self control in my life. In colors this would be a saturated merlot and a weathered mahogany.
- •Your BluesI think the funniest Destroyer record. Notorious Lightning! New Ways of Living! The Music Lovers! Like a laser show at a European history museum. Its such a weird record but it's so sexy. This feels like the kind of thing where you have an idea and no matter how many people are like "hey this isn't the best idea" you're like... right... but I gotta do it. I relate 100% and this is a delicious pop record.
- •Streethawk: A SeductionMega-melodic + perfect. It's so beautiful and so cohesive. Despite the storytelling being on the fantastic side, it feels grounded on very real emotional themes. Optimism, insecurity, unrealistic expectations, etc.
- •Poison SeasonI have a lot to say about this one. It is just so... grandiose. It's soaked in swagger. This is Dan at his most sensual and at his most elegant. The orchestration is exquisite, the words are heavy and evocative.
- •Trouble in DreamsWorth it if only for Blue Flower/Blue Flame and Foam Hands and Libby's First Sunrise. So obviously mega worth it as is the entirety of Destroyer's catalog please trust me on this.