YO LA TENGO ALBUMS, RANKED
I just saw my all time favorite band and in preparation (and just because they're literally 80% of what I listen to) I listened to most of their albums. I'm ready to list y'all!!!!!!!!
- •I Can Hear The Heart Beating As OneIf there was ever "go with your gut" record, it's this one. I don't know how Spec Bebop and Green Arrow work in one record but they do.
- •FadeYo La Tengo's most heartbreaking collection of songs. It is too much for me to emotionally handle. You don't know how many times I've showed up places looking like a baby raccoon because I sobbed in my car to The Point Of It.
- •PainfulIra and Georgia sing about love and then they drown it in shades of blue.
- •I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your AssAll I can say is that this is easily the funnest record I've ever listened to. If you can only listen to one thing before you die, listen to Mr Tough. It's so fun.
- •Electr-o-PuraBlue Line Swinger! Tom Courtenay! Pablo and Andrea! I love this one. I don't know what it is about it. It feels like when you're trying to figure out a dream or a mood.
- •And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside OutThe most intimate/alienating record in their discography if you ask me. It feels like being alone and being unsure.
- •Popular SongsThis one is the band wearing their heart on their sleeve. More Stars Than There Are In Heaven feels like when you're first told what the world you live in is and what lies beyond it.
- •Summer SunI went through a period of time where this is all I wanted to listen to. It's comfort food and texture.