BEST FOOD AROUND HANOVER, NEW HAMPSHIRE
When I first moved to New Hampshire I was coming from New York City, it was a huge change and it took me a while to figure it out. I ended up being there for a while and finding some really great places to eat tucked away up there.
- •Hen of the Wood, Stowe, VTOk, so this place isn't super close to Hanover, but it's worth the drive for a special occasion. Everything I've had here has been delicious. Try hen of the wood mushroom toast, we love it so much I regularly make a version at home. The dining room is beautiful and I feel cool just having a drink there.
- •Yama, Lebanon, NHThere aren't a lot of great Asian food options, so Yama really stands out as a great option. Good bulgogi and bibimbap. Their sushi is also pretty good. Try a Lebanon roll, everyone I've ever taken there has had one and loved it.
- •Inn at Pleasant Lake, New London, New HampshireThe food is awesome and very reasonable for a five course meal. Perfect place to take your significant other during a Fall weekend.
- •Worthy Burger, South Royalton, VTGreat burgers, awesome fries and amazing beer selection. Get their specialty pickles.
- •Morano Gelato, Hanover, New HampshireBest gelato I've ever had. They make each flavor fresh every morning using traditional methods and seasonal ingredients. My favorite flavors are hazelnut, bacio, pear and ricotta, rose, and coconut cream. I had a period when I went pretty much everyday during lunch. It's that good.
- •Stella's, Lyme, New HampshireGreat place to go when you are craving Italian. My go to dish is the chicken cannelloni.
- •Simon Pearce, Quechee, VTI find this place overpriced, so don't go there for dinner. However, it's a gorgeous dining room. Go on a sunny Fall Sunday for brunch, take a seat by window, order French toast and enjoy the view.
- •Carpenter and Main, Norwich, VTTake a seat on the bistro side. Order their burger and ask the bartender to customize you a drink. Their duck confit with warm potato salad is 💯
- •King Arthur Flour Cafe, Norwich, VTI went here for lunch way too often. Their sandwiches are great, but their salads are even better. Try one of their chocolate chip cookies crispy buttery edges with soft middles.
- •Oriental Wok Express, West Lebanon, NHIt is Chinese food from a gas station. But the upper valley is a Chinese food dessert, and this stuff delivers. Never order the from the American Chinese menu. Instead get the pork and tofu, spicy chicken, or pork and cauliflower from their Chinese menu.
- •Tip Top Cafe, Norwich, VTGreat place to come with a group. Get the garlic fries. Their menu changes pretty often, but I love the pork meatloaf, it's gingery and comforting.
- •Pane e Salute, Woodstock, VTBest Italian I had in the upper valley by far. Tiny dining room so you need reservations. Menu changes seasonally. Nice wine selection.
- •Ice cream fore you, West Lebanon, NHI am obsessed with soft serve so this place was heaven for me. I never got the flavored soft serve, stick to chocolate and vanilla, with sprinkles of course.