TV I Watched With My Parents Growing Up
Baring my nerdity to the world.
- •Star Trek: The Next Generation.Mom and I would sing along to the lyricless theme song with chipmunk noises (Meeep, chip, meepity meep chip!) and talk about which Starfleet officer we wanted to marry (Picard for her; Riker, and then later Crusher, for me).
- •Fawlty Towers.This show has nearly killed us with laughter on several occasions. Baa-SIL!
- •Poirot.I remember very little about this show, except we watched it.
- •Star Wars.Ok, not a show, but we watched it on TV so it counts. Yes, I grew up both a Trek AND Wars nerd. I am bigeekual.
- •Alien (Aliens, Alien 3)Again, saw them at home. I was waaaay too young to see these films, thanks to my now estranged father. Many nightmares, to this day. Still love em tho!
- •Heritage Minutes.But every kid in Canada can say that.
- •She-Ra, Princess of PowerThis was really my thing but mom would hang with me and watch a bit when we put in the VHS from the video rental spot in the local grocery store.
- •But really, I didn't have much TV exposure in my youth, and went without cable for over 15 years.It wasn't until I moved in with my now-husband that I got cable in the house again. It and Netflix have changed my life a bit.
- •And now I get my mom hooked on shows like Grey's Anatomy, Doctor Who, and Orphan Black so we can watch them together and I can watch her mind be blown.Or watch her yell and shake her fist at the TV, in some cases.