Yesterday, in the wake of Orlando
all the things I did after reading the news in the morning.
- •Cried. I sobbed so hard, so many times.I even crawled back into bed to cry on my husband's arm, raging and weeping while he held me.
- •Pored over social media for hours.I read everything that popped into my feeds, no matter how much it hurt.
- •Retweeted and shared everything relevant.I had no words myself, so I shared the words of other community members.
- •Distracted myself with house work and video games.It even worked for a little bit. But then it was back to rage and sorrow.
- •Held a ritual to the Sacred Triad.I lit candles to my queer gods and I prayed for my queer brothers and sisters and non binary siblings, for all of us.
- •Said the names of the dead.I read their names to the Lord of Death and prayed for an easy passage and peace in the afterlife.
- •Sobbed the whole ritual through.I offered up my anguish to the gods that they might find a use for it.
- •When I found the words, I wrote them down and set them free.
- •Found strength for the future.There is a long road ahead for us queer folks. I'm going to do whatever I can to pave that road.