5 OF THE LINES I'VE HAD THAT I JUST COULDN'T STAND
I've had the pleasure of playing many roles, but for a lot of them there was always just this one line or phrase that was just wonky, poorly written or both. I hated saying these lines and here they are
- •"Wendla Bergman- like a tree nymph fallen from the branches-what are you doing alone up here"- Melchior Gabor, Spring AwakeningOof. There are a few from this show. But this was my LEAST favorite line song or text by any character in the whole show. Like what the fuck does that even mean?! He might as well have been calling her an idiot fairy that fell out of a tree.
- •*"JESUS CHRIST ON A STICK OF COURSE I'M SURE"- Hugh Dorsey, ParadeOk this is one I kind of love. Because it is so absurd. What a fucking expression to say at such a menacing part of such a dark show. I was simply ignorant on how to handle it.
- •"And he pisses like I cry for an unfaithful love!!!"- Soloist in the song "Amsterdam", Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in ParisAaaaah. Again what the fuck does this mean?! You piss a lot because you cry a lot..? And that matters because? Also what is this whole song about? Sad...boats and..sailors? Yes?
- •"Raul Perez is a hot blooded Latin Man"- Raul, Hotel CasablancaI am not Latin. Nothing about me even remotely indicates I'm anything more than a skinny white boy. This one just felt weird to say...
- •"I swear on the wet head of my first case of gonorrhea.."- again...from Jacques BrelI don't think this one needs an explanation...