Five Books for a Rainy Day
In no particular order . . .
- 1.Ella EnchantedThe movie from a few years back shouldn't be taken into account when it comes to this book. Gail Carson Levine captures the fairy tale with a wonderful twist. Levine paints a wonderful world with a strong female lead who could be any person's role model.
- 2.The Restaurant at the End of the UniverseNot strictly the first one in the series, but this is my favorite one. Douglas Adams is hilarious. Really, any "Hitchiker's Guide" would do.
- 3.HorseradishLemony Snicket gives snippets of life advice. Enough said.
- 4.The Importance of Being EarnestOscar Wilde paints the picture of upper class life in the late 1800s. It's a hilarious play about ... Well, the importance of being earnest.
- 5.EmmaNow, this isn't an afternoon read, but what would a list of books be without a Jane Austen novel? Emma is my personal favorite; sorry Mr. Darcy, but I'm a Mr. Knightley kind of gal.