MY QUEST TO MAKE STRONG WOMEN OUT OF MY 8 & 10 YEAR OLD COUSINS
- •We have conversations about what books all of us are reading.The Little Prince is a crowd favorite.
- •They asked me about my Frida Khalo post card because they thought she was pretty.They wanted to know why I used her picture as a bookmark. I told them that she didn't abide by the rules of fashion, politics, or art. They were impressed.
- •The concern they showed for my singleness was only somewhat disconcerting.My younger sister's wedding has been a present topic of discussion and the girls didn't really understand if I was ok with being alone while my sister gets married. FYI- I am.
- •I asked them what they thought about death.They said, "it seems nice!"
- •We talked about what makes someone an adult.I think it means that you pay for your life without anyone's help. I openly admitted that I'm not an adult.
- •I ask them about school and what they're learning.Kids these days are brilliant! Especially these ones. So much smartness.