THE BEST THINGS ABOUT BEING A FLIGHT ATTENDANT
Thanks for the request @hannahbee! I've got a really cool job and here are the reasons I'm thankful for it:
- •Flight benefits for meThe only thing I have to pay when I fly on my own time is international exit tax.
- •For my mom and dadThey also get to fly standby for free, but with lower priority than me. And they've still gonna pay the international fees.
- •And for a travel companion of my choosingI chose my 18 year old brother cause he's a free bird. Also I'm a single lady and my best friend works a more conventional job so she can't take off whenever I want her to travel with me. My travel companion does have to pay taxes on all their flights, though. It's still significantly cheaper than a full fare ticket.
- •I get to make people's travel better.Flying is really tough on a lot of people and I love the chance to make it a little easier.
- •We get crew meals when we serve a meal in first class.A lot of companies don't provide so much good food for their employees, so thanks, Daddy Delta!
- •And the food is delicious!We are provided a first class meal from one of our excellent chefs . It's not one we get to choose, but we get one and it's nice!
- •I get to work for a company I believe in.And it shows in my attitude. At least I hope so!
- •We serve Starbucks coffee on our flights.So that's a nice perk!
- •I like my uniform even though it's a little constrictive.But Zac Posen is designing us new ones for 2017!!!
- •I get to take people all over the world.Sometimes it's for a good reason and sometimes it's a difficult one, but they will have a better experience when I'm kind.
- •I never know how my day is gonna go.Yesterday I was supposed to layover in Baltimore, but I ended up at the fanciest hotel in Minneapolis.