WHY I STOPPED WATCHING MAD MEN (AT LEAST FOR A LITTLE WHILE)
I jumped on the Mad Men train about five years late, but I binge watched Seasons 1-3 on Netflix. The show is so well made that it makes me react in real ways and thus, I had to take some time away from it.
- •I've started responding to my family's angry judgement with, "what do you want me to tell you?"
- •It makes alcoholism and smoking look enticing.Ending everyday with a few glasses of wine and a cigarette isn't good for the soul or body.
- •I just wanted to give Peggy some leggings, sneakers, and a baggy t-shirt.Like how did women function with all that constriction? I'm in pain just thinking about it.
- •Similarly- the cone boob bras made me wanna vom.
- •Don and Betty Draper cause me physical sadness.
- •I wanted to laugh because something was funny, not just because it was smart.