HOW TO DEAL WITH BAD-FEELINGS-FLASHBACKS
I would like some tips, please!
- •One time I dated someone who wasn't very nice to me.Not anything particularly tragic about our relationship; he was just kind of a jackass.
- •And I have dated people since then but it hasn't worked out with anyone so far, for many disparate and interesting reasons.
- •And whenever anything is going less-than-perfect with A Sex Friend, I go right back to Sad Mary who was dating someone very not right for her and kind of mean.
- •And when I don't yank myself out of the spiral I start acting like a kicked dog.
- •Because for a very long time, I was convinced that I'm just a bad thing happening to good people.
- •Which is FUCKED, OBVIOUSLY.
- •I'm delightful and a very kind person!Or, at least I'm trying my best to be.
- •Anyone else get this thing?
- •Other than the usual (therapy/fact-checking/mindfulness) is there anything that's helped avoid putting some ghost of relationships past bullshit on an unsuspecting new partner?