NON-OBVIOUS STUFF I MISS ABOUT BEING IN A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP
So, not sex or kissing or holding hands, three things I like a lot but are obvious choices.
- •Someone to tell me when I have food all over my face.It's not like I only share meals with people I'm humping, but I do eat alone more often when I'm single. This one inspired this list because I just waltzed around West Oakland with so much mustard on my face.
- •Pretending to be into shit and then actually getting into it.Not v evolved of me, but I'm an enormous liar at the beginning of a relationship but then I commit and turn into less of a liar. Fake interests that turned into real ones include: whiskey, several of my fav comedians, the personal lives of prominent mathematicians, hiking.
- •Being goofy while naked.Weird dancing and bad jokes are more fun when you're naked.
- •Having someone to check up on that questionable mole under my butt.Checking up on it myself requires quite a bit of flexibility so it's easier to have a buddy make sure I'm not developing skin cancer in that area.
- •Keeping my room super clean.If I have no one to impress, I cover the floor in dirty clothes.
- •Testing my boundaries.I made my last boyfriend watch all the One Direction music videos that had been released so far, and he did it gladly because I am hot.
- •Not waking myself up as much.One of the disclaimers I always have to give anyone who shares a bed with me is that I talk in my sleep A LOT. But the fastest way to get me to shut up is to hang onto me for a lil bit, so when there's someone else in the bed I'm less likely to get vocal enough to wake myself up.
- •My friends take a break from telling me why I'm single.Most of my friends are in relationships and all of them are well-meaning, it just gets old.
- •No longer having to be on guard in any new social environment.Idk if this is universal, but when I am single, which is most of the time, I spend a fair amount of energy being like, "am I gonna meet somebody here who wants to hold hands? Should I really step up my game just in case?" I NEVER DO (meet someone or step up my game) but it's always at the back of my mind!